Staff Infection – Victim of Momentum
Symptoms: Doing the same demo(s) over and over, regardless of customer needs or desires.
Examples: “We’ve always done it this way…”
“New hire, are you? Great – here’s the script for our demo. Memorize it by next Monday…”
Cure: Rapid, deep application of Great Demo! methodology. Reframe and customize demos for each key audience members’ situation. Turn traditional demos upside down and start with the pay-off, the “Wow!” factor:
1. Review customer’s Situation
2. Present the Illustration of the end result
3. Do It – show how to get there in the fewest number of steps
4. Peel Back the Layers in accord with customer interest
5. Manage Questions along the way
6. Summarize so customer retains the key points
Copyright © 2008 The Second Derivative – All Rights Reserved.
For a PDF copy of the full article and other articles on demonstration effectiveness skills and methods, email me at