Shopping groceries have never been an easy task for buyers, even the housewives. To top it, local grocery stores are one of the most crowded places today, especially in metropolises. Big B2C players like Grofers and BigBasket already have their personalized apps to make grocery shopping convenient for their shoppers. To beat the competition, brands like Instacart have made their online grocery mobile app more creative—
• They pack and deliver groceries on-demand.
• The ‘aisle mapping’ feature allows shoppers to check and buy specific items displayed on the grocery shop aisles.
• The ‘bypass checkout’ feature allows customers to scan and pay for different items on the phone, skipping registration altogether.
• The smart navigation process guides shoppers through the quickest and most effective route to the store that has retail outlets for hot and frozen stuff on the way.
By revamping their app offerings, retailers intend to deliver a lucrative grocery experience for customers to generate more revenues. Pedro Freire, the co-founder of Colombian grocery app Mercadoni said they had realized that people spent more than 4 hours a week purchasing groceries in busy cities like Bogota, and on-demand delivery apps like these helped them save a lot of time. This worked for shoppers, especially those who lead a hectic professional life or want to spend more time with their families at the weekend.
And this is why, if you own a grocery shop or business, you must invest in an online supermarket mobile app!
Why Shoppers Need it?
• A fresh stock of grocery is just a few clicks away from them.
• They don’t have to visit the local supermarkets to bargain. They can save money with coupons and access latest offers at home.
• An eCommerce grocery store app helps them track their overall expenses and they don’t have to worry about purchasing unnecessary items or spending more than their weekly grocery budget.
Why Retailers Need it?
• Apps leave a lasting impression on your customers’ minds. If you ask shoppers names of nearby supermarkets or shops, most of them will not be able to tell you, but if you ask them to name a few shopping apps, they can easily recall the famous ones. Apps help retailers create brand awareness.
• An online grocery mobile app simplifies the process of retaining customers. According to market surveys, your old customers are likely to spend 67% more than your new customers. Once you identify the loyal lot, you can convince them to shop again by offering loyalty points, reward points, and discount coupons.
• It is difficult to retain top position in the competitive world today. Having a personalized app gives a unique identity to brands. Therefore, giants like Kroger have partnered with Nuro (a tech startup) to initiate a robo grocery delivery service.
So investing in grocery mobile app development seems like a great idea, if you are interested in launching an attractive app with exceptional features.
Key Features that are Essential to Build eCommerce Grocery Store
• Let shoppers ‘purchase by the pound’ rather than allowing them to take items off the list.
• Display vivid 3D images of products and incorporate realistic features in the app to create a brick-and-mortar shopping experience for them.
• Involve features that allow customers to reorder a few selected items, based on their previous shopping history.
• You can include a ‘click and collect’ option for customers so they can click on their favorite products and collect them from your retail outlets later on.
• 25% of shoppers staying in metro areas prefer buying groceries online. This percentage is expected to cross the 50% mark in the coming years. Thus, enabling the geo-targeting features in the app will help you target your potential customers.
• Include multiple payment options and advanced search options for customers to select their preferences.
• Provide a push notification feature to promote discounts and offers directly to the customers.
There is no doubt that grocery apps have changed the attitude of today’s tech-savvy customers and allowed them to shop as per their convenience. The changing trend is a wake-up call for retailers who are still stuck on traditional methods of grocery selling. If you want to build a grocery android app online and are clueless about it, you should hire a development company. They can analyze your requirements and help you enhance your business prospects by designing a practical app for your company.