How to put your analytical tools to best use?
With the rising popularity of Business Intelligence and Analytics, every big and small organization finds it important to have an IT Operations Analytical tool in its kitty. But are they able to squeeze the most from these tools? Most of the times the answer is no. While these IT Ops analytics tools cost high, most of the companies are not able to tap all the benefits from these high end applications. So let us find some ways to get the best out of the IT Ops analytical tools.
1. Feed in more data
The usefulness of IT Ops analytics tools directly depends on the data which you put into it. If you want the system to provide you with useful information then provide it with enough amount of data; the best way to do so is to integrate IT Ops analytics tools with as many data sources as possible.
Also ensure that correct data is fed into the system. Relevant and error free data is the key to appropriate and useful information. Users must identify what data they require and what not.
2. Integrate all your IT Ops analytics tools
Now some organizations have more than one BI tool to collect data, monitor the market trend and identify customer preferences, but they are never able to get the best from all these applications as these are used separately. So if you want to squeeze more from the IT Ops analytics tools, link these tools. Why? Because when used together, these tools can provide lot of positive correlations and insights.
3. Change the management process
Microsoft dynamics AX development just implementing IT Ops analytics tools is not enough to get the best from the applications. Change the way you look at things, change the way you interact with your employees, change the way a job is done to get the best from the tools. Tools change the way a job needs to be done and people should be able to welcome the change.
Plus ensure there is some amount of manual intervention involved in every IT Ops analytics tools. This will enable prompt action whenever the system generates an alarm.
4. Identify your needs
This is important to get the best from your IT Ops analytics tools. Do you just want to get the market trends? Do you want your IT Ops analytics tools to identify customer preferences or you want it to automate the repetitive activities? Choose your purpose and customize the IT Ops analytics tools to match the requirements to get the value of money that you have invested in the tool.
Which tools make IT Ops analytics tools more useful?
Big Data, Hadoop, NoSQL, Cassandra and ExtraHop are some of the best data processing tools which can put ITOA to better use.
What are the basic jobs done by an ITOA tool?
So while you plan to put IT Ops analytics tools to best use, let us checkout some of the basic jobs that these applications perform in present-
- Identify problems proactively- This is one of the critical jobs done by IT Ops analytics tools. These software help you identify issues quick and hence before problems become serious your IT department can solve them.
- Better management of resources- IT Ops analytics tools can assist you to get a high level view of the infrastructure which you own. By using these advanced set of applications you can manage the IT resources in a better way. The large volume of data which is fed into the system can help the IT department to become more proactive to issues than just wait for the problems to occur.
So besides providing necessary insights into the ample amount of data, what else can IT Ops analytics (ITOA) tools can perform in 2018? Let us check out.
- Assess historical and statistical attributes of data which can bring in more changes in the business.
- ITOA can recognize multidimensional risks and also measure the impact of each risk on the organization.
- Blend all the available sources of data and use the resulting information in various departments, from applications to infrastructure.
The intention of ITOA makers in 2018 is to make the tools more secure and stable. This will make your business environment for safe and reliable.
So gone are the days when you used to speculate whether IT Ops analytics tools will work for your company; whether the investment will be worth it. Get one today and make the best use of it to ensure sustainable business.