1.Click Baits : As the name suggests these are assets placed strategically in campaigns to attract the attention of the visitor to the website or reader of an email. The baits are designed to attract the attention of the visitor / reader and make them curious to click and find out more. The baits are inherently designed to have a higher chance of being clicked by the visitor.
Hence the click baits can be placed in
- emails to direct the email reader to a landing page which will provide him further details.
- Banners : to direct the visitor to the specific product / service page advertised in the banner.
- Landing Pages: redirecting the landing page visitors to appropriate pages.
- Website: Directing the website visitors to the appropriate product / service page.
- Microsite: redirect the microsite visitors to the main website.
2. Lead Baits : These are assets which have an ‘offer‘ and an associated ‘call to action‘ which triggers a ‘form fill‘. A form fill is a technique to identify the visitor and post confirmation of the visitor’s identity follow up activities can be taken up. ‘Form fill‘ is just one of the ways of capturing the visitor identity other techniques may be used to capture the visitor information. These baits after having captured the attention of the visitor by luring exciting offers make the visitor provide their information to be used for planned followup activities. The visitor information capture process should be as convenient as possible for the visitor so that he does not forgo the offer due to the cumbersome technique of providing his information.
3.Nurture Baits : Nurture baits are assets which encourage the visitors to take actions without any form fills. The objective of the bait is to confirm the interest of the visitor in a specific product, service, solution or domain. The assets on the website which can used as Nurture baits are
- Published Material like Whitepapers, Case studies, Articles and research findings
- Audio Visual Material like videos, demonstration tools, podcasts, webinars etc…
The associated action expected from the visitor could be to download the material or view the material. Generally Nurture Baits are strong incentive when the visitor is in the ‘Research intent Phase’ of his buying cycle.