For those that know me, I’m quite obsessed with my chihuahua. I adopted Beaux about 3 years ago from a family that didn’t have time for him. We’ve been joined at the hip ever since. He’s quite fantastic and very adorable.
As an enterprise technology consultant, I often get many questions about exactly how Artificial Intelligence (AI) works and how it helps brands to create a friction-less experience for their customers. After all, experts are already predicting that AI will exceed human performance sooner than later. Forrester is predicting that “AI will reshape analytic and business innovation.” Naturally, forward-thinking organizations are wanting to take full advantage of this new wave of technology. However, many leaders have lots of questions on exactly how AI can shape their enterprise.
To say the least, it can be quite expansive and complex to explain in a brief sentence or two. AI, Chatbots and Machine Learning have many layers. So, I thought that for the purpose of this article, I can expand upon how AI can make life better for the cutest chihuahua in the world—mine.
1. Let’s say I do a search for custom dog beds for Beaux. I do a Google search and some results appear online. However, often times, the results of my search just aren’t relevant. Companies are utilizing natural language processing to improve search results for consumers like myself who shop online. This type of technology is creating a better online shopping experience.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
2. Let’s take it one step further. Let’s say I find a dog bed I like for Beaux on Pinterest. Guess what—Pinterest now allows me to select the dog bed that I like; it will also show similar items by using image recognition software. By creating an innovative visual search, with AI I’m also able to discover other products that compliment the dog bed. For example, I can quickly find similar products based on elements such as color, brand and size.
3. OK, I found the perfect pet bed for Beaux. Call me old fashioned, but I think that I want to go into a store and look at some options. Guess what—some omni-channel retailers are using facial recognition to capture my activities while I’m in-store. Take it even one step further—many of these companies are re-marketing to me. Perhaps they will email a special offer on a dog bed. Or maybe they will send me a push notification from my smart phone to inform me of a flash sale for dog beds.
4. Alright, I need a break from the shopping so I’m getting my coffee fix on then going home to do a little more research later. I jump online and go on a Pet Accessory website and find the perfect dog bed for Mr. Beaux! But, I’m just not sure if he will fit in it. My little dude is a little chunky. Good thing that the website I’m browsing has chatbot capabilities. What’s a Chatbot? Basically, its technology that simulates conversation with humans online. This type of technology can automate order processes and profoundly improve Customer Experience. I get my question answered quickly and efficiently.
5. I bought the dog bed! It’s perfect for Beaux. Soon after the purchase, I get an email about pet blankets. By using AI, companies are able to predict my future shopping behavior. They can send me relevant offers that might compel me to buy again.
As you can see, AI Technology is profoundly improving the customer shopping experience. Brands that are embracing this new form of digital innovation are offering up more seamless and effortless experiences for their consumers. This not only translates to happier customers but also repeat ones.