Verizon’s ‘Enterprise Cloud 2014 Report reveals that 65% of organizations currently have a cloud based infrastructure and there will be further growth in cloud adoption. However, businesses are less clear of this infrastructure and they commit several mistakes during the cloud migration process. Many businesses are recklessly adapting the hybrid IT network and disrupting their business processes.
Here are some most common mistakes which are preventing organizations to make the most out of their hybrid IT.
- Assuming every cloud as same: Every cloud platform has a unique setup and migration process. However, the most common cloud migration mistake is the belief that every cloud platform is one and the same.
- Dumping the old IT hardware: Mistaking the old IT hardware as worthless, organizations dump them in the junkyard. However, it can be traded for some good amount in the $300 billion worth IT hardware exchange market.
- Lacking a hybrid Integration Solution: When an organization moves applications to cloud then it creates a complex network of differentiated applications. This is also known as islands of integration, where different types of technologies fail to exchange data with each other because of high level differences in underlying technologies. Creating a point a point to connectivity for integrating the HRMS, ERP and cloud based technologies is a resource intensive job. That is the reason organizations must stay prepared with a hybrid integration solution. An automated integration solution can seamlessly combine differentiated applications and deliver more thrust over the cloud.
- Moving applications without understanding the impact: Moving all applications to cloud without understanding the synchronization and compliance issues is another prominent mistake. Experts recommend to deploy small applications first and analyzing its impact before moving other big applications to cloud.
- Missing out in fine-tuning the application: Businesses miss out in fine-tuning applications as per the cloud environment. Minute adjustments can significantly optimize the performance of application in cloud.
- Not evaluating the cloud based requirements: Companies are not identifying their cloud based requirements before migrating applications to cloud. The emerging best practice is conducting a detailed study on the existing IT infrastructure to identify a suitable cloud based service accordingly.
- Lacking in-house talent: Organizations lose control when they don’t setup separate teams to manage the cloud migration efforts entrusted to the vendor. A separate unit can remove communication gaps and make the cloud migration process frictionless.
- Over speeding the cloud migration: Companies are moving forward in a hurry to get the benefits of cloud migration and taking wrong decisions. Businesses must prioritize the applications and migrate them to cloud at a modest pace.
- Neglecting security aspects: Having a weak front to secure the Information can be a costly mistake. Companies must engage information security experts to secure the IT assets and information from malware, intrusions and breaches.
Collect and act on NPS-powered customer feedback in real time to deliver amazing customer experiences at every brand touchpoint. By closing the customer feedback loop with NPS, you will grow revenue, retain more customers, and evolve your business in the process. Try it free.
Organizations must consult expert teams to avoid such mistakes and make the cloud migration process disruption free. With industry proven best practices organizations can align and integrate hybrid IT to achieve the desired business outcomes like: cost efficiency, improved time to market, enhanced customer experience, etc.