Are your customers happy?
Does your business have more positive or negative feedback?
Do you communicate with your customers often?
We all know that customers are the lifeblood of every business. And we try to make them happy all the time. Social media has made customer experience easier and faster to gauge over the past decade.
Whether it is reviews, comments, posts or messages, you can easily monitor how your customers are feeling and thinking when you’re on social media. It can also boost your customer experience to a whole new level. You can make your customers happy and keep them that way through social media.
Let me show you 10 ways social media can supercharge your customer service.
1. Say Thank You. Nothing makes your customers happier (aside from freebies and discounts) than knowing that they are being recognised and appreciated. Take an hour every day to reach out to your fans, reply to comments, retweet mentions, answer questions and reply to messages. Reaching out to your customers on a regular basis is a great way to show you gratitude and make them feel that they matter.
2. Get blogging. Update your customers with new products and services, events, promos and news about your business through a blogging platform. Update your blog regularly and don’t forget to share your posts on social media.
3. Learn from mistakes. It doesn’t necessarily have to be your mistake. Research other brands’ failure so you don’t fall for the same trap.
4. Keep your eyes and ears open. It’s normal to get complaints and negative feedback regarding your product. Social media makes voicing out these complaints easier. Monitor your brand for any negative comment or unsatisfied customers. Reach out to these customers and know more about the issue so you can take immediate and appropriate action. There are many online brand monitoring tools that will help you listen in on your customers’ conversations.
5. Ask for their thoughts. Fans love to share their ideas about your products and services. One of the best ways to get your customers’ opinions is through polls. Short polls allow you to ask for fan feedback and you’ll be surprised at the ideas you could get!
6. Integrate your customers’ feedback into your social media campaign. Monitor your brand’s complaints and suggestions. This will give you an idea on how you can improve your products and services.
7. Reply ASAP. One of the best features of social media is being real time. So if a customer asks about a product, reply immediately. Even if you can’t give an answer, at least acknowledge the question. If a fan comments on your post or mentions you, reply as soon as possible. Especially if it’s a complaint. DON’T ever brush off or hide negative comments because it will make your customers even angrier. Acknowledge the issue and create a plan to rectify the situation.
8. Don’t turn your social media into a chatroom. Got an angry customer? Got a negative comment? Don’t handle the issue in front of all the other customers. Acknowledge the issue by replying to the comment or post and then take it somewhere else to solve. For example, you can directly message or call the customer to solve the issue. This way, all the details remain private.
9. Have a dedicated social media team. Managing social media should not be left to amateurs. Remember that social media is a critical part of your online presence and you wouldn’t want to look unprofessional to your customers, right? Train people on what content to publish, how to engage with fans and how to deal with issues or complaints. If you’re having problems handling your social media, you can always look for a social media manager to help keep you on the right track.
10. Engage. The key to growing and maintaining your social media presence is to engage with your fans regularly. That’s why it’s called social media.
Got questions on how to use social media for your customer service? Send me a message or ask in the comments below.